FOR THE BASE
- ½ cup raw walnuts or pecans.
- ½ cup almond or hazelnut flour
- 2 pitted dates or 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted but cooled down.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 2 cups raw cashews already soaked
- ½ cup canned coconut milk full fat
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted and cooled down
- ⅓ cup agave
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
FOR THE BLUEBERRY LAYER
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Prepare a 6 inch pan with parchment paper on the bottom.
- Add the walnuts, almond flour, pitted dates or golden raisins, coconut oil, spice and salt to the food processor until they become a coarse mixture. With your hands pat the dough flat evenly on the bottom of the pan and make the cheesecake base.
- Gather the rest of the ingredients and place into the mixer except for the berries. Process till the mixture becomes smooth and silky.
- Evenly spread 2/3 of the filling into the pan over the cheesecake base. Flatten the top and place in the freezer to get ready for the second layer.
- Add the blueberries to the remaining batter and blend. You will see the batter turns into a beautiful colorful creamy mixture. Spread over the plain layer. Return to the freezer.
- Once the cheesecake has set, decorate with fresh berries on top. A hint of mint brings out the colors on the cheesecake.